The Jacob Sheep Society Forums Technical Issues Log on function

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  JSS Admin 9 months ago.

• Author

Jacobus
    Participant

In my usual browser – IE11 – clicking on any of the instances of the ‘logon’ function gives an error message saying it can’t be opened in a frame. Have to right click and open in anew window.

JSS Admin
    Keymaster

Hi John. I have tried to replicate this error but I can’t.! I have altered many settings within IE11 but I can not get it to show any error message.

For me, when I click on to LOGON, the page refreshes to a user name / password screen, then once I have logged on, it returns to the JSS site.

Is there any chance you can try and get a screen shot?

Terry

Jacobus
      Participant

Terry, it works fine now also I note the ‘remember me’ function is now working with cookies and actually does remember me when I start up the index page.

One other oddity – every other forum I’m a member of shows your handle/username along with the avatar on posts rather than your actual name which is usually only visible to other forum members in your bio – that is if the forum does not allow anonymity!

JSS Admin
      Keymaster

Hi John,

Glad things are working now.

You can change your ‘public’ profile name via your profile options.

Best Regards,

Terry

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest