The Jacob Sheep Society Forums The Jacob Sheep Trimming and preparing sheep for shows and show and sales

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kayleigh Rennie 9 months ago.

• Author

Kayleigh Rennie
    Participant

Hi everyone, I hope this is okay to post, but I am looking for some advice on trimming sheep for shows. I am new to showing, and I don’t really know the best and correct way to trim a jacob. Is there a particular method or correct way? It would be great for any information, thanks in advance! Kayleigh Rennie

Jacobman
    Participant

Hi Kayliegh,

Showing lambs is usually where people start, and it is quite fun.! Lambs don’t normally get trimmed for a show, they are washed and brushed. Older sheep do get trimmed, and to be honest it is better to get someone to show you.!

What will you be showing?

Kayleigh Rennie
    Participant

Hiya Jacobman, sorry for the delay, I am going to be showing a few of my ewe lambs , perhaps a ramb lamb, depending on how they grow, my shearling ram, and maybe a shearling ewe, again depending on how quick she grows. Many thanks for your information, it is greatly appreciated!

Jacobman
    Participant

Kayleigh Rennie
    Participant

Thank you very much, I found this very useful.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest